A really neat challenge has come my way! I was tagged for the Challenge set by Brittany from Va-Voom Vintage. It is the "Love yourself, Love others, Love vintage Challenge" Ohh that is clever. Well done Brittany! I am all for a bit of support of each other, whether you are curvy or bean pole, youthful or...um... wise. We all have something stunning to love.
I got passed the gauntlet by Kiss Me Kate in the beginning of June and I have been slow to pass it forward since I was travelling just then, (did I tell you I have been to New York? tee hee). I am so thrilled, being still a bit new to blogland and still finding my "voice" and my feet, so it was just so sweet to be picked as a top five by someone. Kate liked my hair and my designs - *Blush* Thank you!
Here's Kate herself:
I gotta say Kate, you are one saucy lady - those eyes are smokin'!
So as to the rules, I need to choose 5 thinks I like about myself first, then 5 people in blogland that I have something to envy them for! Goody.
So the 5 things I like about myself.
- My colouring. My red hair and green eye colour is unusual. Sometimes the hair means I stand out when I might feel like hiding, but mostly I love it. It means I am always different and I have come to like that. I feel a bit special and I am easy to find in a crowd.
- My little waist and my big boobs (yes really!). They stay in proportion even if I gain weight, so my shape stays an hourglass. It doesn't suit a 20s look, but it is knock out in 40s or 50s gear. My shape has also got ex-boyfriends off speeding tickets...but that is a story for another time...
- My cupids bow (that is the wee indent in the middle of your top lip). When I had braces the dentist told me it was the reason that people didn't notice them - wasn't that sweet of him?
- My back, knees, feet and joints in general. I recognise now that my limbs are quite good at keeping me active. Dancing is my favourite thing in life and I am really glad my joints are playing ball with me.
- My eyelashes. They are long. They are fair, so need mascara to be seen, but they can flutter with the best of them.
I have to say that now that I am 38 I like myself a WHOLE bunch more than I did at 28, yet I was firmer, fitter, bouncier...even..err... zestier then. Why did I have all those wasted years? People write books on such things and quite rightly too, as it seems to be a modern (mostly feminine) condition that rocks the confidence of beautiful people all around the world. Imagine the things we could achieve if we were not spending a heap of time thinking we are not worthy! Blah.
Ok, enough rant, Here are my 5 envy worthy bloggettes. This was tough to choose as I have many that I follow just to see their pictures!
Solanah of Vixen Vintage: I adore her smile! She makes me feel happy and about her age (which is just few years off mine! heh heh heh) And I just love, love, love it when she wears long socks and boots. Yes Solanah, you can brighten my day by just wearing socks.
Esme and the Lane way: This girl has got it all going on, eyes, brows, hair, legs, but if I choose one thing, it will have to be her jawline. Sounds odd but it is true. Pure ENVY. (note, also a girl that can wear long socks, darn it)
And now for some eyes: check this pair out:
Jeepers Creepers, where did you get those Peepers! - Meet Melanie from Pink Champagne for dancing. She has great hair and a great smile and I always look forward to her outfit posts.
Ok gosh just two more... who will it be? I have many to choose from.
For hair evny, my choice is Andy B. Goode. Andy you have the Lush-i-ness locks! Check out the cute dimple and deep brown eyes too. Andy does vintage beautifully and with a lot of fun as well.
Last but not least, this woman has got legs. She has quite a lot of them... I know because I have to lengthen her trousers. Is it bad to be so jealous of your friends pins? I don't think so! She has everything else going on too, complexion, shape, brows, hair, cheekbones, long neck, slender anklebone... but...Fleur de Guerre - your legs are stunning! Grrrrr.... (I am allowed a little growl of envy here, she knows I adore her in truth).
There we have it, some beautiful ladies that I have been honoured to meet in Blogland. There are many many more that I could have equally gushed about. You could tell me about your favourites in the comments, or take up Brittany's Challenge yourself.
A toast to lovely ladies around the globe!