Home About Me Press Heyday Recommends Contact Us

Monday 29 April 2013

Delightful Day out at the Vintage Starlet Parlour

Want to know where to go to get a gorgeous photo of yourself, fully vintage styled, made up by professionals and expertly posed by the talented Hanson Leatherby? Well, look no further.
Miss Turnstiles is now offering pamper afternoons at the Vintage Patisserie headquarters in Shoreditch.

Miss Turnstiles welcomes you.
I went along to her first one, as I needed some up to date head and shoulder shots for my business cards and website. She offers the full works by placing you in the hands of skilled artists - hair and make up by Lipstick and Curls and nails by Minnie Moons, and you are invited the loan of a vintage outfit (and boy she had some stunning frocks there), so it is a must for any vintage gal. 


Two customers in their loaned outfits
We agreed I would get "done" early as I didn't need an outfit and could do my own make up, so on arrival I was promptly delivered into Nicki's hands for hair grooming. It was lovely to have my hair done by someone else, rather than dealing with it myself. Not that I do badly, but it is a treat to have it outsourced! One can see why the celebrities don't do battle with their own locks if they can help it.

Hanson at work. He happens to be up a ladder, he isn't a giant. And Nicki from Lipstick and curls in the background, who isn't really a midget. Weird location sizing issues reminiscent of the Lord of the Rings type trickery!
Poor Hanson was just about beside himself trying to get me to NOT smile for the photo. It is always funniest when you aren't supposed to laugh isn't it? Well, getting myself (and others) into fits of giggles I must have been his trickiest customer so you can be rest assured that you will find it easier.

Jeni and Hanson in between shoots. Often when we see each other, one of us is normally working, so it was lovely to see Jeni when our "roles" for the day were pretty relaxed. We got Jeni into some hamming it up, and Hanson too.



Jewellery was up for loan or for sale too, thanks to the lovely Nathalie from Passionate about Vintage.



Miss Turnstiles has another similar beauty day coming up, This time themed around the Great Gatsby. The first one, I have just read is sold out ALREADY, so she has offered up another on the 31st May. Pop over here to find out more.

I'll show you my finished Photos once I get them, but until then, I see Jeni has some more pics up on her blog too. 

Shona x

6 comments:

  1. As I posted on Jeni's blog...why oh why do I have to live across the pond. I'd be there in a heartbeat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like such a fun day. I wish they had thing like that here in The Netherlands.
    Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that looks like such fun! If I didn't have enough planned already, I'd be onto that Gatsby shoot in an instant.

    When do we get to see your shots? Bet you look dead glam!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous day! Where are your photos, Miss Lovely?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't got them yet, but I will post them as soon as I do. Hanson will focus on getting the other customers done first. Exciting though!

      Delete
  5. It looks like a lot of fun, I'd very much like the make over but the photo part's not for me. I don't photograph well, I always look like a moose! I defy anyone to do otherwise, not that I'm casting aspersions on Hanson's very obvious skill, I'm just not photogenic. Have been an artist's model though, but painting doesn't make me panic in the same way as a camera for whatever reason. But I adore to look at everyone else's photos.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing from you, even if I don't always have time to reply

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...