Home About Me Press Heyday Recommends Contact Us

Tuesday 3 April 2012

Lush Kissable Lips Can be Yours too

I suffer from a lipstick allergy.
You might too and not know it! The red pigment (and a string of other things) in lipsticks and lip balms can dry lips and make them crack and peel, which is as far from kissable as anyone can imagine. And it hurts. 
I have developed the problem slowly, so even the posh lippys set me off now. Even though I love some of the shades I own, I can't bear to wear them for the discomfort I experience that can last for days. Ouch!

Fortunately, help is at hand in the form of Hypoallergenic lipsticks, and one brand I had to check out is Besame from the States, conveniently stocked in the What Katie Did London Boutique in Portabello Road.
Lovely Maz and Vicky were in store. Vicky was glad I interrupted her cleaning  
(BTW: she is wearing Miss L Fire shoes).
Gorgeous display stand! I want one for home
We started with Rapture Rose, which was too close to my natural colour, so it looked a bit bland on me.
 Ha ha, yes that means I look bland without make-up!
 And moved on to "Dusty Rose" which was just a shade deeper, and quite pretty for everyday use
Then we found Red Hot Red which was just lovely on me. Quite a soft red hot as far as hot reds go.
I also liked Carmine and Coral so they are on the shopping list for next time. Coral looked just o.k in store, but once I got out into the light I realised it really suited me. You sneaky tease, Coral!

I am wearing their 1930s mascara as well, it smelt like you could eat it.
Besame's "Classic Beauty - The History of Makeup" book is stunning and very thorough, chock-a-block full of gorgeous photos too.
Besame also do lip balms, and I was thrilled with the colours of "Cherry" and "Tangerine". Vicky herself finds that "Sweet Rose" and "Peach" suit her better.
It is wonderfully relaxing trying make up on in Katie's shop, surrounded by lots of gorgeousness
Like Lovely Lady legs, for instance.

Shona x

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE my Beseme. Love it. I won it in a giveaway - but I would not hesitate to replace it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I *LOVE* Besame lippies! I have the Red Hot Red too, it's one of my favorites!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think if you can only wear limited brands, besame is a fine brand to be "stuck" with. You look so cute in the pics, love the flower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great post! I don't really know much about allergies to lipsticks, so many people must suffer from it without realising! It's great these lipsticks are available and in such lovely colours! Thanks for the peek in to the What Katie Did store, I'd love to go to one some day! XxxX http://thesecondhandrose.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes I'm a fan of Besame! love all their lipsticks. Nice to see inside a What Katie Did store as well.

    xx Rosina Lee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing from you, even if I don't always have time to reply

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...