Home About Me Press Heyday Recommends Contact Us

Monday 16 April 2012

Oranges and Lemons

How was your weekend?  I had a real mix, some work, a girly lunch, some more work, some tidying and wardrobe sorting.
The weather wasn't great but we did manage a stroll in the sunshine. 
I was in a novelty print and novelty bag frame of mind
 My super cool basket bag. Last seen here
The coin is dated 1962. I figure that was the year it was made, but maybe also it is a reference that it is meant to be good luck to include a coin when you give a bag, wallet or purse to someone, meaning that it will always have money in it. 
 Hazel Cannon was a lucky lady. Do you like having some knowledge of who the previous owner was?
I do.  I hope she got to travel to all the places that the bag inspired her to go to.
 My rather fave Oranges and Lemons print. 

Gosh! Oh No!! Unstyled hair!!  
Well I don't mind if you don't

Shona x

16 comments:

  1. I've heard of the money in a purse thing for good luck if you give it as a gift. How sweet to have a signed purse. I love the whole outfit, and that fruity print is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute outfit! I love knowing something about the person who previously owned clothing and whatnot. It's so sweet that the bag had that in there.

    xo,
    Em

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute outfit. I really like the print on the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely lovely, Shona. The print is so sweet and the bag is fantastic. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. UNstyled hair???? GET THEE TO A NUNNERY!!!! ha ha ha xx

    Sooo envious of that print. It rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy cow, could that purse be anymore ridiculously cute?! I dunno, it's got stiff competition with that skirt! Love the outfit, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You probably already know this, but I had to share just in case! That's a Caro-Nan bag, and they can sell for as high as $100 depending on the condition. :D These bags were sold in high end boutiques during the 60's & 70's. It's hard to find information on Caro-Nan online..but the bags I've seen are often hand-signed on the inside..much like yours..:D A fantastic find--and considering the pristine condition, a STEAL for $6!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS - They're almost always a themed basket purse with a decoupage lid..the penny is such a cute addition, I think. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just adore things that used to belong to others, it makes them feel so much more special. I especially love engraved vintage jewellery.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look super, whether your hair is styled or not. How nice to know the name of the original owner of your bag. I hope she DID get to live her dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hadn't even noticed the hair until you pointed it out. I love your dress very much.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the skirt print, and it's wonderful when something about the original owner turns up. Inscriptions in books or whatever it may be.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the print on that skirt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This outfit positively abounds with cheerful, summery cuteness and citrusy beauty! What a stellar skirt!


    Wishing you a fantastic Friday,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a darling bag! It's so unique!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That skirt! Oh my!! I just love it! I'm a sucker for anything with oranges on it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing from you, even if I don't always have time to reply

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...